- Program Goals:
- Introduce Melissa Sweet and her art
- Encourage gross and fine motor skills (cutting, drawing)
- Attendance: 10
I encouraged kids and parents to cut out words as well as pictures to create their collage.
- old magazines/recycled picture books/galleys
- scissors, glue sticks
- 9x18 white construction paper OR shirt cardboard
- Carmine a little more red
- Easy as pie
- Baabwaa and Wooliam
- Rubia and the three osos
Art Project Part 2: Watercolors (10:45-11)I've used actual paint for this, but you get better (and less messy) watercolors with watercolor pencils if they're available.
- Watercolor pencils
- Water, paint brushes
- Construction paper
- Attendance: 12
- Notes: I only read one book - the group was just too disparate, a very tiny toddler, four year old, and a sixth grader!
- Notes: Ideally, I'd do the second half of this with watercolors, but I don't have any so we just used tempera paint. I was so tired this week I was thinking about using crayons or getting colored pencils instead, but I soldiered on! I would have liked to have a more thematic snack (like pie or berries or ice cream or something), but without an official assistant I felt that was too complicated. I think this was my BEST yet. A great group of kids and, most exciting to me, three families drove 30 minutes from another town specifically because someone had told them about this program!