- Program Goals
- Offer an active program during winter
- Offer a program on Wednesday morning that will be open to toddlers and preschoolers
- Encourage parents to play with their children
- Attendance: 20
- Used 3-14-18
- Shake the tree by Silvia Borando
- There are cats in this book; There are no cats in this book by Viviane Schwarz
- Foxy by Jessica Souhami
- Used 1-17-18
- Can you make a scary face by Jan Thomas
- Don't push the button by Bill Cotter
- It's a tiger by David LaRochelle
- Tap the magic tree by Christie Matheson
- Shapes, reshape by Sylvia Borando
- Jump! by Scott Fischer
- Additional titles
- Press here by Herve Tullet
- Clap your hands by Lorinda Cauley
- Touch the brightest star by Christie Matheson
- Create your own activity book
- All this needs is some paper and crayons. Story prompts linked here.
- I used my own list of interactive picture books to pull materials.
- Attendance: 3
- Notes: Pattie did the morning session, this was the afternoon session. First day of good weather, only one family came. It worked out well b/c one of the children had severe visual impairments, so there wasn't anybody else in the way of them enjoying the stories!
- Attendance: 25
- Notes: I added an activity and it was very popular. We revamped this program with a whole new slate of activities (and three different staff offering it). This day was no 4K and we got a great turn-out.
- Attendance: 20
- Notes: I had a group of about 6 kids, ages 2-4, who participated enthusiastically and then a lot of parents and toddlers who came and went. It felt weird not having an opening and a closing, and one kid was disappointed there was no craft, but I want to keep it simple and basic for Winter Wigglers.