- Program Goals
- Introduce kids to the library
- Give them something to take back home and interest parents in the library
- Make the library a fun destination
Bingo Scavenger Hunt 15-20 minutes
- Explain how the game works
- Stay in the children's area
- Try not to run and yell
- Mark off the pictures on your bingo sheet with the crayon, then get a sticker and turn your crayon in for a penny for the wishing well
- The bingo game is a bunch of pictures of things in the children's area, scrambled. We usually have to redo it each time b/c things change. You can see the original game boards here.
- You can either have them find everything and get one sticker or actually mark off lines of pictures and get multiple stickers. Depends on how much time you have.
Storytime 10-15 minutes
- If you time this right, the kids can draw on the back of their bingo sheets while they listen.
- A library book for bear by Bonnie Baker
- The Midnight library by Kazuno Kohara
- The first is good for talking about finding out things you're interested in in the library; the second is a great explanation of how the library has many different things to do and places for different things.