- Program Goals
- Pass on early literacy message and encourage families to continue early literacy at home
- Encourage circulation and storytime attendance
- Reach families who are unable to attend storytime
- Notes for the future
- Bag contains leftover Elephant and Piggie cut-outs, random shapes
- Last used: 7-23-14
Theme: Grow, Grow, Food!
Use the five early literacy practices; talking, singing, reading, playing and writing with these books and projects!
TALK about how plants grow
Get ready to WRITE by developing your motor skills - try stringing beads and buttons on pipe cleaners
SING along with Laurie Berkner on one of her popular cds, including Victor Vito.
PLAY with your paper bag puppet
- Turn your paper bag into a puppet by using the paper scraps, as is or cut into different shapes, to decorate it
READ some of these stories about food and the plants it comes from
- Tea party rules by Ame Dyckman
- Plants feed me by Lizzy Rockwell
- Mmm...let's eat! by Libby Koponen
- Lunch by Denise Fleming
Jennifer Wharton, Youth Services Librarian
firstname.lastname@example.org, 262-723-2678 ext. 14