- 3D dollhouse furniture from Amazon
- I bought two sets of this and could have used more! I had volunteers pre-cut it, but I think if I did it again I'd let people break it out themselves, so they could match it up more easily.
- wooden shapes from Amazon
- small rectangles and various sized circles - would buy more next time
- boxes and precut
- fairy garden and other miniatures from Amazon
- craft wire (Twisteez) from Amazon (look for the right listing or it's really expensive)
- popsicle sticks of various sizes
- acrylic paint and supplies
- permanent markers
- misc./optional supplies
- felt, yarn, fabric scraps
- handmade paper scraps
- pipe cleaners
- sewing tools
- misc. small recyclables
- old board game pieces
- corks (donated)
- hot glue guns
- xacto knife
- kitchen shears
- regular scissors
- regular tape and duct tape
- D.I.Y. Dollhouse, ISBN: 1616896078
- This was the best resource. I also had other dollhouse books collected from the library
Kids of all ages and abilities are invited to register for a miniatures workshop. We’ll be using cardboard, recycled materials, wood, and other materials to create our own dollhouse furnishings.
- Ability to work independently and wait patiently for assistance when needed.
- Ability to safely use hot glue gun, x-acto knife, and heavy-duty scissors OR to not touch them or work with them if you are unable to use them safely.
- Attendance: 27
- Notes: Several regular families came and extended their miniatures collection. A few more people came in and at the very end, I ran this for nearly four hours! a bunch of teens (mostly from sewing club and an exchange student) came in and had a great time.
- Attendance: 13
- Notes: Three families that signed up and two more people I invited in. I thought hardly anybody was coming b/c only 5 kids were signed up, but I forgot about their families! This was a really basic one - I had my stash of boxes, hot glue, and miniatures. No books or extras. Kids had just as much fun as usual though!
- Attendance: 17
- Notes: Some families from last time returned and some new kids and families, as well as middle schoolers on their own. Big draw this time was the additional actual miniatures - I bought fairy garden supplies from Amazon. I'd like to prep some boxes for houses some time.
- Attendance: 25
- Notes: Parents stayed with their kids (only 2 boys, average age was about 10) and participated. I held it in the smaller half of our community room with access to the kitchen. I'd basically get more of everything next time!