- Program Goals
- Fun, messy art program for kids who are off school
- Sub for toddler storytime (provider is n/a)
- Non-Halloween activities for families
I planned to run this approximately from 10am to noon. Toddler storytime usually meets at 10am and 11am. Since there was no school, I had both my aides available. I also pulled in additional staff to cover the youth services desk in the morning. The focus was on paint and messy art for the morning and some sensory activities.
- Painting pumpkins - leftover pumpkins from a program, tempera paint, brushes
- Fingerpaint - fingerpaint, paper
- Scratch art - pre-made cardstock with crayons, kids cover it in black paint and draw designs with popsicle sticks. Additional crayons and cardstock to make your own.
- Watercolors and biocolor - diffusion paper in various shapes, brushes
- 1 swimming pool with a pumpkin cut open to be investigated
- 1 swimming pool with water and dish soap and plastic food from the kitchen
- Sink, paper towels, cloth towels
- Plastic tablecloths on the tables (and on the floor below)
I also put out monster and art books, our donation pig, and had my aides take pictures
- Attendance: 62 (estimate)
- Notes: I will only do this again if it falls on the right day - no school AND a Tuesday. But everyone had a lot of fun and there was paint everywhere! If I do it again I need to schedule the aides a little longer for more clean-up time.