Thursday, July 13, 2017

Messy Art Club: Outdoor Painting

Program Goals

  • Explore different painting techniques
  • Outdoor program b/c the room wasn't available
  • Bring in a variety of ages
We froze a variety of paint in ice cube trays and popsicle makers. Conclusion - thick, gooey fingerpaint in ice cube trays is the only thing that really works.

I also purchased a sheet of foam at Jo-Ann's and we used the die cut to make shapes. I had a bunch of large fingerpaint shapes from Discount School Supply. I strung ribbons across the trees and had clips to hang up the paintings.

Supplies
  • Foam (die cut shapes)
  • Frozen paint with popsicle stick handles
  • fingerpaint paper in shapes
  • plastic trays, plastic pools (to wash off in), hand towels
Evaluation
It was super hot. About 30 people came. I am re-evaluating the after school clubs for next year - I'm going to try switching them to a different day and I will probably not have them next summer. I really need a better method of hanging the paintings to dry outside.

No comments: