I am really behind on my program updates. I got the robots from a different source this year (which I don't remember) and thankfully they had the little flat batteries. Only about 5 people came, the weather was not good.
- Program Goals
- Teach kids new skills
- Offer the opportunity for hands-on learning
- Promote nonfiction
- Brushbot kits (15) (purchased from easybotics.com)
- AAA batteries
Resources and Display TitlesI did not put anything out.
Kids will have the opportunity to create a mini robot and learn some basic electronic skills along the way! Registration is required and space is limited, so if you are unable to attend please let the library know. There is no age restriction, but you must have the following skills to attend:
- Ability to work independently and wait patiently for assistance when needed.
- Can safely use required materials with minimal supervision (sharp pliers, wire, batteries)
I reminded everyone of the "tools vs toys" rule and then they got started. I printed out instructions and suggestions for games etc. from the website.
- Attendance: 12
- Notes: I felt very "meh" about this one, but it turned out really well. The kids loved it and we had extras (which was good b/c a couple motors died). Next year I'll buy the brushbot kits from Maker Shed when they're in stock and pre-strip the wires.