Thursday, July 20, 2017

Library on the Go: Summer School Session 2


This day was a little longer. I started with three storytimes for the pre-kindergarten classes and my aide brought in the Library on the Go stuff around 11ish and then I came down and joined her around 11:30. The second session is smaller anyways but it has shrunk a bit more because of people being gone - I still got a good turnout of kids interested in the craft (plastic suncatchers, decorated with permanent markers) and a decent number of books checked out.

I've found that mostly the older kids (middle school) go for the craft and then the younger ones slide over to the books. Especially if I give out fun bags, they all want to check out! I have leftover Finding Dory bags from a colleague which have attracted a lot of kids. Some just borrow the books and go read at their lunch table.

About 30 kids overall participated; 9 new kids for summer reading (this is the last week I'll do summer reading, since it ends next week); about 5 kids picked up calendars; 32 books checked out.

No comments: