- Program Goals
- Teach kids new skills
- Offer the opportunity for hands-on learning
- Promote nonfiction
- Sculpey multipacks (5 - had quite a bit left over)
- paring knives, needles, toothpicks, rolling pins, mini cookie cutters
- foil, paper plates
- optional - earrings and other jewelry findings
Resources and Display Titles
- I had books on display and pictures from the Sculpey website
- Instruction sheets for baking and further resources (wrote up from back of box and my own experience)
Kids will have the opportunity to create a variety of clay projects and learn some simple sculpting skills along the way. Kids will be taking their creations home to bake. Registration is required and space is limited, so if you are unable to attend please let the library know. There is no age restriction, but you must have the following skills to attend:
- Ability to work independently and wait patiently for assistance when needed.
- Can safely use sharp implements with minimal supervision (paring knife)
- I reminded everyone of the "tools not toys" rule.
- I told them to plan ahead, demonstrated a couple techniques (mixing the clay) and then circulated and answered questions.
- Attendance: 22
- Notes: I swear I did this last year, I must have forgotten to write it up. Or maybe I didn't. Anyways, I didn't have enough clay this time - I'd forgotten how much they use. I reminded them to use foil bases and this group was mostly a lot more imaginative and came up with stuff on their own. I also used the teen kit as well (which now needs more clay)
- Attendance: 20
- Notes: I need more paring knives and more printed samples. Children have no imagination.