Thursday, June 15, 2017

Library on the Go: First visit

OMG HOT.

Ok, now that's out of the way. My first trip was more or less a success, but I definitely hit a few snags. I had advertised myself as being there from 10:30 to 11:30. I arrived around 10 and it was pretty dead until past 11, when parents started wandering in to pick up kids. Then there was a wild rush of kids running out to meet parents and get on the bus. I distributed tops, but most kids didn't have time to color them. About 25 kids and parents stopped by the tables to talk to me, some of them new people, some regular library patrons. I checked out 37 books and signed up about 10 kids for summer reading.

Things to change next time:

  • OMG HOT. Bring a water bottle
  • The ipad hates me. The app for using google sheets doesn't work well and you have to double-tap in each, separate cell. This is difficult when kids are hanging all over my very light, folding tables and sometimes it takes multiple tries. I need a better system.
  • Start later. There's no point in sitting there sweating for an hour.

No comments: