- Program Goals
- Experiment with food (often crosses with mixing magic/chemical reactions)
- Attendance: 35
- Popcorn (different types including ornamental corn)
- Oil, salt, vinegar, baking soda
- old microwave, popcorn popper
- paper bags, cleaning supplies
- paper, pencils
- bowls and other dishes
- Experiments from Candy Experiments by Loralee Leavitt
- candy - sour, tootsie-rolls, peeps, etc.
- baking soda
- dishes, containers
I had one person handing out pre-measured amounts of candy and the kids could take it to different stations.
- 10-13-16 (popcorn science)
- Attendance: 50
- Notes: Nobody really does science, they just POP ALL THE CORN. We went through 3 bags of white popcorn, a bottle of yellow popcorn, and several cobs of ornamental corn (it generally smokes and does not pop well. I explain to the kids that this is science.). This program does take some cleaning up as popcorn gets everywhere.