Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Toddler Substitute Storytime: Dinosaurs


  • Program Goals
    • No children crying because I am not Ms. Pattie
    • Everyone has fun
    • Dinosaurs because why not?
Books
  • Dinosaur parade by Shari Halpern
  • I'm Bad! by Kate McMullan
  • Dinosaur vs. Bedtime by Bob Shea
  • Chalk by Bill Thomson
  • Dino Chomp! by Beatrice Costamagna
Movement/Activity

Craft: Rainbow dinosaurs
  • die-cut cardboard dinosaurs
  • bleeding art tissue
  • water cups and paint brushes
Evaluation



  • 9-20-16
    • Attendance (10am): 25
    • Attendance (11am): 15?
    • Notes: Everyone had fun, only one cried and it wasn't my fault, several small children were mesmerized by Chalk and others roared enthusiastically for Dinosaur Vs.
  • 2-19-14
    • Notes This was originally a We Explore storytime, but I adapted it for Preschool Interactive. I didn't end up using I'm Big or the second rhyme - I had a small group and they got kind of wiggly. But everyone had fun painting the dinosaurs.
  • 2-22-13
    • Notes: When dinosaurs came with everything was really too long for the average age of the crowd which was about 2, but they did sit for most of it. There were about 30 people there and it went pretty well. We Explore concept storytimes are hard b/c I don't see these people regularly, but with that and the snow and putting it together 30 minute before starting...it went well! Nobody checked out any books though )-: 

No comments: