- Program Goals
- Encourage creativity and problem-solving
- Allow children to experience different art products and styles
- Develop fine motor skills
- Attendance: 35
Project: Embossing foil pendants
I got this idea from Make and Takes. We pretty much did it exactly as it said and it was very popular.
- Pasteboard strips and cards (donated by artist)
- Wooden styluses (originally bought to us with scratch-art and worked great for this)
- Permanent markers
- Tape, Scissors, scratch paper (to put under while coloring)
- Attendance: 24
- Notes: My attendance at these programs has dropped way off. People are just busier after school, stay later, etc. I did have a group of middle schoolers join in and several families stayed for quite a long time.
- Attendance: 40
- Feedback/Connections: Some regulars and some folks I hadn't seen in a while, plus a handful of middle schoolers
- Notes: This was VERY popular. We haven't done a new project in a while and this was easy and kids and parents loved it. Remember to have disinfectant wipes to get permanent marker off the table. Lots of people wanted to take the pendants as gifts, so maybe a wrapping station?