Friday, October 9, 2015

Reading Explorer: 500 Books Before Middle School

I originally got the idea for 500 Books Before Middle School from a post on Facebook. I can't remember who it was, but it definitely sparked off an idea for me! I have plenty of kids who want to keep reading after they finish 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten and everyone loves stickers, right?

So, this is basically the same thing just for older kids. They get a folder with the first sheet, add stickers as they read, and get a free book when they finish. They also move their names from place to place on the habitats. There are two twenty-five-title sheets for Wisconsin, two for the farm, etc. My associate, Jess, put together the pictures and the trail.

I paid for the labels and first log sheet to be printed. I buy folders in bulk at the beginning of the school year and our local Kohls stuffed the first armload for me. I got most of the pictures for the log from free coloring page sites online.







No comments: