- Program Goals
- Pass on early literacy message and encourage families to continue early literacy at home
- Encourage circulation and storytime attendance
- Reach families who are unable to attend storytime
- Notes for the future
- Last used Summer 2015
Use the five early literacy practices; talking, singing, reading, playing and writing with these books and projects!
TALK about frogs. Have you ever seen a frog? Where do frogs live? What do they eat? What kind of sounds do you think a frog would make?
Get ready to WRITE by decorating your frog puppet and bugs.
SING a frog song, like Five Green and Speckled Frogs together.
PLAY with your frog. Tape the frog to the popsicle stick to make a puppet. Can she catch the worm or the dragonfly for her dinner?
READ some of these stories about frogs (find more in the ANIMALS/AMPHIBIANS neighborhood)
- Frog with the big mouth by Teresa Bateman
- I don't want to be a frog by Dev Petty
- Frog Song by Brenda Guiberson
- Tadpole Rex by Kurt Cyrus
Jennifer Wharton, Youth Services Librarian
email@example.com, 723-2678 ext. 14