- Program Goals
- Introduce Steve Jenkins and his art
- Encourage gross and fine motor skills
- Attendance: 20
- Attendance: 17
- Feedback/Connections: Saw a couple families I hadn't seen in a while. Kids really connected with the storytime at this one and they checked out a lot of Jenkins' books.
- Notes: Paint doesn't really fit with this artist, but I needed a second part and I had paint on the brain I guess.
- Handmade paper
- Plain paper
- scissors, glue
I call people to storytime with the Storytime Song, then have the parents pass out the snack. We only did two books, Actual Size and What can you do with a tail like this? because we spent so much time discussing them. The kids absolutely loved coming up to compare themselves to the animals in the first and I have a flannelboard/guessing game for the second book.
Art Project Part 2: Painting (10:40-11)
- Washable paint in no-spill cups
- 9x12 paper
- Paintbrushes, aprons, and lots and lots of wipes