- Program Goals
- Model early literacy skills through stories and art
- Offer a program at a new time (early afternoon) to meet the needs of 4K students
- Learn about poultry
- Attendance: 15
- Attendance: 0
- Notes: This time for a storytime is not a success.
- Notes: Remembering how sick I was in April last year makes this year look pretty good (I had picked up some really miserable virus from the kids. Like chicken pox but worse). I didn't have any contact paper so we went with tape for the project this year.
- Notes: This was pretty chaotic - I was not well-prepared, I felt sick, and we had a lot of younger children. I had wanted a flannelboard for both five little ducks and Mr. Duck and didn't have time to make one and I didn't read What the ladybug heard b/c things were spiraling out of control. I don't think the parents cared and everyone had fun, I just wasn't satisfied with it.
Opening name song: The more we get together
Long story: Fox and the Hen by Eric Battut
Movement/flannelboard: Five little ducks
Nonfiction: Chickens by Cari Meister
Movement: Mr. Duck/Here's a little egg
Early Literacy Aside for Chicken Big: This story has words in speech bubbles, because it's in graphic novel format. We'll practice recognizing the print that's organized in different ways in this book.
- Chicken Big by Keith Graves
- Duck to the rescue by John Himmelman
- Red Hen by Rebecca Emberley (flannelboard)
Closing song: Sunny Day
Process art: Suncatchers
Prep: Cut out the center of paper plates. Tape, tissue paper, hole punch, ribbon
Kids tape tissue paper starting from the edges (like iris folding)