- Program goals
- Encourage families to explore outside
- Learn about snow
- Develop early literacy skills
- Attendance: 25
Kids cut out snowflakes. Youngest can simply fold and snip, older kids can do fancier things.
- white paper (different types, tracing paper, etc.)
- ribbon and tape (to hang up snowflakes)
Collect everyone with the Storytime Song, ask parents to pass out snack.
- Kitten's Winter by Eugenie Fernandes
- Rabbit's snow dance by Joseph Bruchac
- Story of snow by Mark Cassino
- It's snowing by Gail Gibbons
- Seasons by Anne Crausaz
- Winter trees by Carole Gerber
- Rainy Sunny Blowy Snowy by Jane Brocket
Vocabulary: Snow, seasons, snowflake, condensation, crystal, atmosphere, temperature
I got this recipe from Fun at home with kids. We didn't use food coloring.
- baking soda
- baby shampoo
- citric acid powder
- aprons, sink, large tubs, ziplock bags