Monday, January 26, 2015

Toddler substitute storytime: Quiet and Loud

  • This is my substitute storytime whenever I have to cover for my school colleague who does babies and toddlers. I don't do it often enough that people will realize I'm just repeating it and it's a nice basic set up.
  • Evaluation
    • 1-26-15
      • I covered for Pattie's evening storytime, Tiny Tots. 14 people came, which is about average, and I actually knew most of them. We played with the puppet theater afterwards.
    • 2-25-14
      • The kids aren't used to a flannelboard, b/c Pattie doesn't use it, so that's a bit chaotic.
Books
  • Little Chicken's Big Day by Katie Davis
  • This little chick by John Lawrence
  • Clap Hands by Lorinda Cauley
  • Can you make a scary face? by Jan Thomas
Movement/Activity
Craft: Die-cut puppets
  • Die-cut shapes
  • Crayons/markers
  • Popsicle sticks, tape

No comments: