- Program Goals
- Younger kids - encourage motor development (pouring and stirring), create patterns
- All ages - encourage creativity and experiment with different art techniques and supplies
- Provide a flexible program open to all ages and skill levels
- 40 children and adults in attendance
- Attendance: 58
- Connections/Feedback: Talked to parents about making art with kids - it's ok for them to make something too!
- Notes for the future
- 7-31-14: Small tubs of sand are perfect - a few left over and enough for everybody.
- 9-26-13: Used leftover colored sand and shells. Kids really like to just mix it all up, so it's not worth buying the sand in bulk.
Project: Sand Art (with shells)
- Sand, shells
- Thick paper - recycled cardstock and/or construction paper, paper plates, pencils
- Plastic tubs, spoons (dixie cups b/c someone took a bunch of my spoons)
- Glue sticks, glue