- Program Goals
- Learn about animals in winter
- Offer a non-holiday winter program
- Encourage kids to go outside and explore
- Develop early literacy skills
- Attendance: 20
Kids cut out and glue animal pictures to paper. Encourage parents to write what the kids think the animals do in winter.
- Magazines, paper
- scissors, glue
Collect everyone with the Storytime Song, ask parents to pass out snack. Many of these books are more conversations with the younger kids - we talk about each animal and what they do in winter.
- Waiting for winter by Sebastian Meschenmoscher
- Bear dreams by Elisha Cooper
- North by Nick Dowson
- Over and under the snow by Kate Messner
- Time to sleep by Denise Fleming
- Very Hairy Bear by Alice Schertle
- Under the snow by Melissa Stewart
- Who would like a Christmas Tree by Ellen Obed
- Animals (bears, salamanders, skunks, caribou, etc.)
I had paper with a slit pre-cut in it. The kids decorated die cut animals, taped them to popsicle sticks, and had them "hide" in the paper. I also opened up the puppet theater for them to play.
- White paper (pre-cut)
- Die cuts
- Popsicle sticks, markers, tape