- Program Goals
- Pass on early literacy message and encourage families to continue early literacy at home
- Encourage circulation and storytime attendance
- Reach families who are unable to attend storytime
- Notes for the future
- Last used: 8-6-14
Theme: A Whale of a Tale!
Use the five early literacy practices; talking, singing, reading, playing and writing with these books and projects!
TALK about an animal. You can look for books about specific animals in the juvenile nonfiction in the 590s.
Get ready to WRITE by painting! You can use washable fingerpaint outside for a fun, mess-free art project.
SING along with Laurie Berkner on one of her popular cds, including Victor Vito.
PLAY with your whale puppet! Decorate your whale and tape it to a popsicle stick to make a puppet.
READ some of these stories about whales
- Following papa's song by Gianna Marino
- Hello, Baby Beluga by Darrin Lunde
- The Long, Long Line by Tomoko Ohmura
- North: the amazing story of Arctic migration by Nick Dowson
Jennifer Wharton, Youth Services Librarian
firstname.lastname@example.org, 262-723-2678 ext. 14