- Program Goals
- Pass on early literacy message and encourage families to continue early literacy at home
- Encourage circulation and storytime attendance
- Reach families who are unable to attend storytime
- Notes for the future
- Bag contains two cardboard boat die cuts
- Last used: 7-30-14
Theme: Let's Swim!
Use the five early literacy practices; talking, singing, reading, playing and writing with these books and projects!
TALK about how different animals swim
Get ready to WRITE by developing your motor skills with lacing. All you need is a piece of cardboard with some holes and yarn or string. If the yarn frays, wrap a little tape around the end to make it easier to poke through the holes.
SING along with Laurie Berkner on one of her popular cds, including Victor Vito.
PLAY with your boat! Decorate it and make up a story to go with it.
READ some of these stories about swimming
- Sergio makes a splash by Edel Rodriguez
- See what a seal can do by Christine Butterworth
- The most obedient dog in the world by Anita Jeram
- Sink or swim by Valerie Coulman
- About crustaceans by Cathryn Sill
Jennifer Wharton, Youth Services Librarian
firstname.lastname@example.org, 262-723-2678 ext. 14