- Program Goals
- Pass on early literacy messages
- Give children an opportunity for motor development (stringing beads)
- Learn about plants and growing things
- Promote pizza gardens program
- 25 children and adults in attendance
- Attendance: 18 + 7ish that wandered in afterwards to do the project
- Connections/Feedback: Several kids said they really liked the flannelboard retelling of Lunch. Also had a visiting patron from Eau Claire (came with regular attendee) who said how much they enjoyed the small group and that the kids all got to participate. Connected the plants in Plants feed me to things growing in the pizza gardens.
- Notes for the future: Forgot the marker for the garden game, but a mom handed out the pieces while I went to get it.
- Tea party rules by Ame Dyckman
- Plants feed me by Lizzy Rockwell
- Mmm...let's eat! by Libby Koponen
- Fruit Salad Salsa by Laurie Berkner from Victor Vito (opening with shakers)
- The More We Get Together (names)
- Garden vs. Not Garden
- Lunch by Denise Fleming (flannelboard)
Early Literacy Aside
- We're going to practice two sets of vocabulary today - colors and names of vegetables
- Beads, buttons, pipe cleaners
- Kids string the beads and buttons on the pipe cleaners.