Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Preschool Interactive: Guess!


  • 7-16-14: I wasn't sure if I was going to regret not having any movement, but with all the lift the flap and I spy book I figured we wouldn't need it - and I could always throw in something if needed. I had a lot of older kids and they were all very into the guessing so it worked out fine. I didn't use Flappy though. 

    • Dancing time and name tags: "Fruit Salad Salsa" by Laurie Berkner from Victor Vito

      Introduction, welcome, and announcements: Messy Art Club, We Explore Science

      Opening name song: The more we get together

      Long story: Guess again by Mac Barnett

      Early Literacy Aside: Talking and reading together is the best way to build your child's vocabulary. There are more books in this series that encourage conversation. If you enjoy this story, check out the others!

      Nonfiction: Who's Like Me? by Nicola Davies

      Short story: Flappy, waggy wiggly by Amanda Leslie

      Short story: I spy pets/I spy farm by Edward Gibbs

      Closing song: Sunny Day

      Process art: Lift the flap collage

      Prep: Old magazines, paper, shapes, scissors, markers, tape, staples

      Kids cut and tape pictures, then tape a flap over the pictures. They can staple pages together to make a book.


      No comments: