Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Very Fairy Flower Party

  • 6-10-14: I could probably have done Ella Bella Ballerina for a few more years (or decades) but I was feeling fairy-ish so I thought a flower fairy party would be fun. Of course, by the weekend before the party only about 10 people had signed up and I was of two minds "nobody is going to come I didn't advertise it enough people are tired of the parties AUGHHHH" or "people will sign up at the last minute or come anyways it's no big deal". So, about 50 people came which was good. It was a little quieter than previous parties, but I am trying to get used to the idea that bigger is NOT always better. Everyone had fun and we took tons of cool pictures. I don't think Flower Fairies is as tied to a book as some previous parties so I'm thinking of something a little different for next year. People didn't really get into the hats, which was a pity, but I had a LOT of options so it didn't really matter. Baking the cupcakes was a huge pain - I've been cutting down on the food in programs steadily and this is one of the last ones to go I think. I don't even LIKE to bake. Next year either someone else will be in charge of food or I'll buy them premade.
Projects
  • Butterfly Masks
  • Fairy Wings
  • Flower wreaths/crowns and/or necklaces/bracelets
  • Flower hats
  • Flower wands
Craft Supplies
  • Twisteez wire
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Fabric flowers (they came all stuck together which was a pain)
  • Paper flowers (cardstock, purchased pre-cut decorations)
  • Pre-cut wings from Discount School Supply
  • Die-cut butterfly masks
  • Die cut flowers (large, construction paper and cardboard, with two holes bored using a compass)
  • Popsicle sticks
  • Tissue paper
  • bobby pins
General Supplies
  • Jewels, sequins, glitter glue
  • Beads
  • Ribbon
  • Washi and masking tape
  • Markers
  • Glue, glue dots, tape
  • Scissors
Food
  • mini pink cupcakes (2 boxes)
  • pink frosting (2 containers)
  • pink plates, napkins, popsicle sticks
Other
  • Book tale with Flower Fairy books
  • giant flower pom pom decorations and streamers
  • mini flower fairy decorations

No comments: