- 10-21-13: I had a lot of ideas for this, but by the time I got to plan it only a few days ahead and was sick and with everything else going on, I just went with simple stuff. The kids really like painting and mixing paint, so whatever, it worked out fine in the end, especially since I had my aide clean everything up! I did note that nobody cares about further resources, so I didn't bother with a bookmark. Several kids pointed out to me that "color is not science" and I found out the next morning that since I told my aide to clean out all the paint cups and stuff as well she ended up staying late and had to get another staff member to help her, but it was a weird day.
Project: Camouflage Collage
- Old magazines with animal pictures
- Construction paper
- Scissors, markers, glue
Project/Experiment: Paint a rainbow/Mix it up paint
- White construction paper
- Paintbrushes, eye droppers
- Plastic palettes
- Aprons, paper towels, wipes, covers for tables
- Color by Ellen Lawrence (Science is FUNdamental)
- Most of my concept books are still being relabeled, but I have a list of color-centric books here.