- Program Goals:
- Introduce myself to the children and teachers
- Set expectations and a routine for outreach storytimes
- Practice following directions
- Show them that storytime will be fun!
- Notes for the future:
- TLC Wednesday class (4K): 8 kids, so a very small class, and mostly older. I'll be able to bring more kindergarten level stuff (when they've learned to sit still better!)
- TLC Thursday class 1 (4K): 13 kids, this had most of the library kids in it so many of them are familiar with storytime, or at least familiar with me.
- TLC Thursday class 2 (4K): 13 kids, only one I recognized. They were very quiet, but this is definitely the youngest of the four year olds. One kid who will need a little extra watching. I need to fix the flannelboard numbers - the kids twist them up while they're holding them and then they don't go right on the board.
- TLC Thursday class (3s): 5 kids, all very enthusiastic but pretty quiet. I will need to bring some more younger things - maybe some more games and songs.
- Tibbets Tuesday class 1 (Kindergarten): This class is a little short on time, so I need to prepare a shorter program, especially if I want to have time for the closing song. They go to music immediately afterwards, so I am handing out their nametags with the opening song. Bigger classes this year - all three kindergarten classes are back up to around 20.
- Tibbets Tuesday class 2 (Kindergarten): This teacher has really amazing classroom discipline - I can do longer, more complex stories because the kids are used to sitting still and have a very firm routine. I do need to be finished a little early so they have time to line up for their music though.
- Tibbets Tuesday class 3 (Kindergarten): This classroom is very wiggly! The teacher feels comfortable leaving me in charge and doesn't have the aides that are sometimes in the other rooms, so to keep things running smoothly I need to intersperse the stories with more movement and activities.
- Warning: Do not open this book by Adam Lehrhaupt
- Count the monkeys by Mac Barnett
- Caveman: A B. C. story by Janee Trasler
- Exclamation mark by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Baby Bear counts one; Baby Bear sees blue by Ashley Wolff
- Humongous Hamster by Lorna Freytag
- Opening: The more we get together (kids say names when I point to them)
- ABC Stop song
- Loud and Quiet
- Letters and Numbers for Baby Bear
- Closing: Sunny Day
- TLC - Back to school, library, friendship, and just for fun
- Tibbets - (I am starting a remote collection with one class) - back to school, library, friendship, and just for fun