The books are cataloged under professional and as serials. The general categories are graphic novels (Squish, Bad Guys, Dragonbreath, Lunch Lady), Scholastic Branches, I Can Read easy readers, National Geographic Easy Readers, and various other series. When I check them out, I use our portable scanner and mini ipad and check them out on an outreach card so we get circs. If they don't come back after about 6-8 months, I delete them. So far about 80% have returned.
- Early Headstart playgroup in the park
- I took my aide and forgot to take folding chair(s)
- We checked out 35 books and the kids enthusiastically colored keychains and little wooden animal shapes (purchased from Discount School Supply)
- Approximately 30 people were there and I had time to talk to the Headstart leaders about future collaborations we have planned.
- Library on the Go: The Learning Curve
- I took my aide. We visited the four year old class and two school-age classes. I signed all the kids up for summer reading, they each checked out two books, and then I gave them each an activity pack (exploding stick bomb) which they decorated with stickers and tape. I had originally booked this visit for an hour, but we ended up going about an hour and a half, which was fine. There were roughly 10 kids in each class and we checked out 53 books.