- Program Goals
- Meet patron request for more programs, specifically book clubs, for younger readers
- Collaborate with school reading specialists to meet the needs of struggling readers
- Encourage kids to build reading skills and enjoy reading!
- Attendance: 5 kids
- Have kids make name tags, explain how Bookaneers will work, remind them that everyone reads at different levels and we will be reading books about lots of different things and that a parent or friend can help with reading if needed.
4:35 - 5:15: Discussion, craft, snack
- Pass out notebooks and bookmarks to decorate if it's the first meeting, discuss what books they like and why and what their favorite things are. Otherwise, crafts and talking about our books!
- I booktalk each book and have them vote on which one they want. I started initially printing the sheets, but went to drawing them on the chalkboard b/c it was too much paper.
- If it's the last meeting of the school year, they each get a book to take home to keep.