- Program Goals:
- Introduce kids to animal behavior, specifically seasonal (migration etc.)
- Introduce kids to seasons
- Complement school curriculums focusing on fall
- Distribute outreach brochure and encourage children to visit the library
- 2014 Notes
- TLC Thursday class 1 (4K) (13): Really loved Tap the Magic Tree but Eat like a bear was too long and I read it near the end and I don't think they really heard any of it. They did like Those Darn Squirrels even though they were wiggly.
- TLC Thursday class 2 (4K) (13): I need to figure out a different layout for the kids to sit - they sit around the edge of a square rug and I'm in the middle but the ones on the edges can't see and squish themselves in closer and closer until they're falling over the other kids.
- TLC Thursday class (3s) (12): Found out today this class does not have 5 or 6 kids - it has TWELVE. I just keep hitting them on a low day. They got really into Kitten's Autumn but less so into Tap the magic tree. I had a better mix of younger stuff and activity rhymes today but still came up a couple minutes short (partly b/c certain people were being Naughty)
- Tibbets Tuesday class 1 (Kindergarten): I came in late due to another program so I skipped the opening and just ran through a couple things quickly. I tried Eat like a bear but they were crazy wiggly and didn't want to listen.
- Tibbets Tuesday class 2 (Kindergarten): Most of the kids like Tap the Magic Tree and singing their names first helps because I can randomly call out names to come up and help.
- Tibbets Tuesday class 3 (Kindergarten): This class was crazy, as their teacher warned me. I did manage to fit in Round Robin and The Book that eats people.
- TLC Wednesday class (4K): This was waaay after the other classes (I had to move it because of a different outreach conflict). It was the only class I read Miss Maple to (they were eating snack).
- Awesome Autumn by Bruce Goldstone
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
- Every Autumn comes the bear by Jim Arnosky
- Rainy, Sunny, Blowy, Snowy by Jane Brocket
- Tap the magic tree by Christie Matheson
- Those darn squirrels and Those darn squirrels fly south by Adam Rubin
- Eat like a bear by April Sayre
- Round Robin by Jack Kent
- The book that eats people by John Perry
- Kitten's Autumn by Eugenie Fernandes
- Opening: The more we get together (kids say names when I point to them)
- Five little leaves
- Autumn Leaves
- Fall is not easy
- Ouch by Ragnhild Scamell
- Closing: Sunny Day
- TLC - Fall, animals, harvest, pumpkins, apples, migration, Halloween
- Tibbets - (I am starting a remote collection with one class) - fall, animals, harvest, pumpkins, apples, Halloween