- Program Goals
- Continue book clubs with kids who have aged out of Bookaneers or find the lower books too easy.
- Encourage kids to build reading skills and enjoy reading!
- Attendance: 5 kids
- Have kids make name tags, explain how Rock 'n' Read will work, remind them that everyone reads at different levels and speeds and we will be reading books about lots of different things. They don't have to finish their book and it's just about having fun!
- Pass out notebooks and bookmarks to decorate if it's the first meeting, discuss what books they like and why and what their favorite things are. Otherwise, crafts and talking about our books!
5:15-5:30: Booktalks, Voting
- I booktalk each book and have them vote on which one they want. I started initially printing the sheets, but went to drawing them on the chalkboard b/c it was too much paper. They can select more than one book - we choose top picks, second picks, and then I sort of auction off the books that are left.
- If it's the last meeting of the school year, they each get a book to take home to keep.